Saturday, May 14, 2011

May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past.--Irish Blessing

First, I was sick.  And then...well…it all went downhill from there. 

The past couple of months have been less than crafty.  The people I love most had needs bigger than my own.  And there I was in the middle of their troubles trying to be helpful and comforting which meant absolutely no time for crafting.  Every ounce of creativity I had in body despite the sadness and worry I was feeling for my friends and family went straight into work.  Not only has there been no craft time, but my craft room--which in reality is our spare bedroom--was occupied by a series of guests.  Priorities are priorities, and this blog just wasn’t one. 

Thankfully, life is getting back to normal.  Last week was the first time in a while I’ve done more than quickly scan my favorite craft blogs.  And I found this just in time for warm weather:


I was a little intimidated at first by this craft.  I’m a very inexperienced seamstress.  Then I studied the directions a bit closer.  I realized it isn’t too complicated.  However, if it doesn’t work for you modify it…or just be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment