Monday, March 14, 2011

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."--Dr. Seuss

I hate being sort of sick.  You aren’t sick enough to stay home from work, but you are sick enough to feel like crap.  I’ve been sort of sick for over a week.  Instead of blogging or crafting, I’ve been sitting around every night after work wearing my stretchy pants and watching The Wonder Years and The Jersey Shore on my DVR.  Now that I’ve explained my blogging absence I can talk about the little bit of clarity I had in between Kevin Arnold and GTL. 

One of my most favorite blogs is called Dude Craft.  I’m always so inspired by the posts.  From nerdy needle points to toothpick art, you just never know what you are going to get from this blog.  Over the weekend I ran across this post with a link to the finalists in the Say Something Poster Project:


I think this poster project is so unbelievably cool.  Trying to find the right visual and phrase to motivate teens is super hard.  I spend a lot of my days trying to do this exact same thing in a totally different way.  They are a tough crowd to reach which is why I’m so inspired by this project.  I was looking at some of the entries and thinking this thirty year old teenager needs some motivation like this, too.  My favorite one didn’t make it to the top ten which is a little disappointing.  It said something along the lines of a little weird is a lot awesome.  If I had to write a definition of me that would so be it.  No doubt.        

No comments:

Post a Comment